Looking for a colourful, healthy meal you can prep in advance for your lunch or dinners? We’ve brought in women’s transformational coach Jessica Layla, who is sharing with us her super bright and healthy Fiesta Bowl recipe.
This is a great take on a traditional salad which can liven up those lunch times…
Jessica’s Fiesta Bowl Recipe:
Calories: 400 Protein 38g
Prep time – 10mins
- A bag of microwaveable in-bag brown rice (you can get supermarket brands or big name brands)
- 125 grams of precooked grilled boneless skinless chicken breast (for vegans, simply replace with 125 grams of Tofu or quorn)
- Chopped up pepper (any colour)
- Handful or tomatoes
- Tin of sweetcorn
- Salad leaves and spinach leaves
- Lemon juice (or 1 whole lemon to squeeze)
- Nandos sauce
- Start by preparing the rice to the package directions (this is usually 2 minutes in the microwave)
- Cook the chicken in a large pan with 1 calorie cooking spray.
- In a separate pan, start cooking the green beans for 5mins. You can either boil them, or baking in the oven, although boiling them only takes up to 5 minutes.
- Chop up the peppers
- Add salad leaves to a bowl, add lemon juice – as much or little as you like, add the peppers, tip in the sweetcorn, and mix in the cooked rice.
- Add the cooked chicken and season as you please
- Top with Nando’s sauce!
Tell us in the comments below if you tried this recipe and what you think?
Want more? We have a blog perfect for Stress Free, Healthy Meal Planning.
Or do you want to enjoy a warm breakfast this winter? Try our Banana & Coconut Chia Pudding.