Everyone loves a good old bowl of heart warming, comforting pasta. Not only does it make the perfect comfort food dish, it makes a great meal option to batch prepare, great for working lunches or staying on track for dinners.
Here, women’s transformational coach and PT Jessica Layla shares her Chicken Alfredo Pasta dish, which is a spin on the classic. It’s slightly more healthy, and is much lower in calories than what you’d expect to find in a restaurant – but tastes amazing!
Jess’s tip: This can be easily batch cooked for a week of prep! Makes a great lunchtime meal to ensure you get your protein
Serves 1 – double up the ingredient amounts for serving 2.
Batch Lunch Prep: Healthier Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Calories: 490 (with cheese) without 460 Calories Protein, 30g
- 100g Chicken breast
- 1 Calorie spray
- Garlic clove (optional)
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1 chicken stock
- 120ml skimmed milk
- 40g spinach
- 65g penne pasta
- 10g of light parmesan
- Heat 1 calorie spray in a pan
- Add chicken breast and add a touch of pepper and salt
- Cook for 10min until lightly browned
- Remove chicken from pan and put aside
- Get your pasta boiling in a separate pan, ideally cook for around 9 minutes. Use wholemeal pasta if you wish
- Now in the previous pan, add garlic glove and cook for 1 min, then slowly add flour and chicken stock to create a sauce. Next, add salt and pepper or any other seasoning you wish, and keep stirring quickly to avoid lumps.
- Slowly pour in the milk
- Keep stirring the sauce to avoid lumps, and once thickened, add in the spinach. This should now begin to cook and wilt into the sauce.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add pasta to the pan with the chicken and mix together.
- Top with parmesan if you like!
The larger the portion you cook, the more days you can batch this up for. It’s ideal for freezing, too!
More batch cooking meal ideas? We’ve got a Fiesta Bowl for you to enjoy.
Another quick Lunch on the go, is our Spiced Carrot Falafel.