Skincare can be expensive. When there’s so many lotions and potions being advertised to us on a daily basis, telling us what we need, it’s easy to to fill our cupboards with all kinds of creams. But this can be expensive, and wasteful as most skincare products still come in plastic bottles. But we can get creative! We are looking at skincare products we can make at home with ingredients we might just have already lying around in our cupboards.
Milk & Honey Cleanser
Ran out of cleanser and need quick fix? This alternative will keep you skin clean and feeling silky soft and smooth. With just two ingredients you’ll be tempted to make a cup of tea with.
- Using 2 teaspoons of raw organic honey, and one teaspoon of lemon juice, combine them together mixing well in a bowl.
- Apply to the skin as you would any cleanser, rubbing in slow circular motions
- Rinse with warm water and pat face dry with a towel.
How does it work? Lemon juice acts as a natural cleanser and toner. And honey contains natural skin healing properties, it is also an antiseptic and moisturising!
Brown Sugar Exfoliating Lip Scrub
Struggle with chapped lips? If you’re spending a lot of time outdoors, our lips are exposed to the elements and can often become dry, and cracked. Make your own at home exfoliating lip scrub to buff away dead skin cells and keep lips plump and smooth.
- Mix a small amount of brown sugar with either Vaseline or an oil such as coconut oil. The texture should be quite rough like sand.
- Using your finger apply the scrub to your lips gently buffing away dead cells.
- Wash off scrub with warm water
- Want an extra top tip? Buff lips with a toothbrush and a little bot of toothpaste, the menthol helps boost circulation to the lips helping them to feel plumper.
How does it work? The grainy texture of brown sugar helps to buff away dead skin cells whilst also helping to prevent excessive moisture loss from the surface of the lips.
Metal Spoon mask to reduce puffy eyes
Can’t afford a fancy eye treatment but tired of the sight of puffy under eye circles after a bad nights sleep?
- Pop two clean teaspoons in the fridge overnight to chill the metal
- In the morning pop them over the top of closed eyelids and allow the cool metal to soothe puffiness
How does it work? The cold from the metal spoon will help to reduce inflammation which soothes puffiness and under eye bags.
Dark Spot Lemon Healing
Dark or dull patches of skin? Often common in ageing skin cark patches can be annoying and pricey to fix with expensive and abrasive treatments. Try this at home remedy with one of the best fruits for skin.
- Apply fresh lemon slices to dark patches and leave for a few minutes to allow the juice to soak into the affected area.
- Remove lemon slices and wash face with warm water.
How does it work? The Citric Acid found in lemons helps to promote cell turnover and renewal. Helping to brighten skin and reduce the appearance of dark spots when done regularly.
Not a fan of DIY skincare? We’ve got you covered, head over to our shop to find sustainable, natural skincare options. Good for the planet and good for your skin, just click HERE. Looking for more tips on skincare read our blog post on 8 secrets for healthy, glowing skin.